In order to create a healthier body, you must first create a healthier mind. And for Enneagram 3 Achievers, that can mean a big shift.
Being “the best” at any one thing is a scam. And with work & wellness specifically, it can become an internal attack of comparisonitis for Enneagram 3 Achiever/Performers.
Nevertheless, for our leader overachievers, it’s be the best or bust. And there ain’t nuthin wrong with those striving efforts, so long as you do it right.
To get (and stay) healthy, Achievers need to THINK differently as much as they need to BEHAVE differently.
Here are 3 mindset shifts to level up your Enneagram 3 hustler health game:
[Listen to the podcast episode here.]
Shift #1: Vulnerable Over Victorious
- Problem: Winning at any expense causes avoidance of the real issues that are blocking your wellness success.
- Solution: Therefore, you should talk to someone (close friend, spouse, family member, therapist) about behaviors & character traits you want to change for the betterment of your health. Journaling it out first will help you articulate what you’re looking to accomplish and why.
Shift #2: Growth Over Failure
- Problem: Comparison can make you feel worse about your worth. Feeling behind or less than is depleting the positive energy required to succeed.
- Solution: Instead, make your perceived mistakes work for you. See apparent “failures” as critical steps in the overall process.
Shift #3: Why Over Win
- Problem: Your desire to be the fittest friend lacks depth & meaning. Vanity drive will only her you so far. What’s going to keep you healthy in the long run?
- Solution: Get lean & feel lit to fuel your purpose, not your ego. Who are you here to help? How do you need to show up for them? What do you need to do with your health to show up in that way?
Remember: An Enneagram 3 Achiever approaches health differently than an Enneagram 2 Helper.
For Enneagram 3 Achievers, wellness all about the heart behind the habit. What are the underlying motivations behind your behaviors?
Stay tuned for more Enneagram-based wellness tips for all nine personality types.
In the meantime, tap here to listen to the podcast episode. Share with a friend who needs to hear it.
Whenever you’re ready, there are 2 ways I can help you:
1. COURSE: If you’re looking for health help at your own pace, I’d recommend starting with an affordable course:
→ Eating Habits Mastery: The 6-week, at-your-pace program to help you Confidently & consistently transform your eating habits so you never have to obsess over what you eat again.
→ Wellness By Design: A 6-Module, step-by-step video training course that
walks you through the 4 Phases of a transformational wellness program. From Whole Person Wellness to Food, Focus, Fitness, Friends, and Family. It all contributes to your health.
2. COACHING: If you’re serious about making health changes and are ready for more personal accountability, I’d recommend Private Wellness Coaching:
→ Mind-Body Breakthrough Session: Feel like you know what to do to get & stay healthy, but you’re having trouble with how to make it your own & stick to it? Book a virtual session with me and be guided through the Duke Integrative Medicine proprietary coaching framework. You’ll leave with two personalized actions to complete within one week.
→ Total Wellness Private Coaching: Work one-on-one with an executive wellness professional, certified in integrative wellness & behavior change to ignite & finally maintain momentum in your health!! Go from “this is a chore” to “hear me roar!”