Ease your anxiety with these 3 steps to stress free wellness
Do you get stressed out thinking of all the healthy things you need to do for yourself?
Do you want more of a stress free wellness routine?
Are you your own worst critic, beating yourself up for missing too many workouts or eating “off plan”?
Are your friends & family tired of your irritability on the outside when you’re feeling defeated & regretful on the inside?
Then listen here –>
YOUR NEVER-ENDING CYCLE of striving for the perfect healthy week IS THE VERY THING KEEPING YOU STUCK, stressed, & stalled in not ACHIEVING THE RESULTS YOU WANT FOR YOURSELF.
Not only have I heard this time & time again from brand new clients, but I used to fall into this trap myself! It’s very common for women to follow that pursuit of perfection – believing that if you miss one planned workout or eat one food item off your “plan” then you might as well give up the entire week and start fresh the following Monday. But that couldn’t be further from the right solution!
Instead, the most effective, stress free wellness routine is one that:
- Anticipates & allows space for life’s curveballs
- You actually look forward to showing up for consistently
- Accounts for your unique personality, schedule and goals
- You can rock confidently AND get transformational results from!
When creating your stress free wellness routine – whether you’re incorporating nutrition, fitness, mindfulness, social time, alone time, etc. – be sure to avoid these 3 common mistakes that not only add anxiety to your health, but also make you lose your motivation right when you were starting to see & feel results!
Be sure to watch the video training of these three mistakes in the free, private *HAPPIFY Your Health* Tribe right here.
3 Mistakes Preventing Your Stress Free Wellness Routine
mistake #1: YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU WANT
Think of a situation or project you started not knowing exactly what you wanted in the end. Perhaps it was at work, the grocery store, shopping online or dating. How frustrated and lost did you feel with no real end goal in mind?
Don’t make the mistake of saying you’ll start eating, exercising or mediating a certain way just because you think you should or because Lindsay is doing it. These reasons are not motivating enough to get you showing up at the ready on the daily.
Here’s what to do instead
You have my permission to stop what you’re working on right now and DAYDREAM.
- What do YOU want for yourself?
- Which version of yourself do you shine brightest as?
- Which actions align with your goals?
- What have you learned about yourself that simple DOES NOT WORK FOR YOU?
- What have you found DOES work for you?
Visualize it. Write it down. Type it out. By all means, KNOW WHAT YOU WANT.
MISTAKE #2: YOU DON’T PLAN IT OUT
Simply stating that you’ll “workout 4 times a week” or “eat clean” or “meditate every morning” is NOT going to get you up and after it. What happens if you or one of your kids gets sick? Does your boss spring projects or travel on your last minute? When life’s curveballs are thrown, your lack of a specific plan will only cause you more stress.
Here’s what to do instead:
Every Sunday, map out your stress free wellness routine for the wee ahead.
- What days will you workout? Where? For how long? Which workouts on which days?
- What types of foods will you have ready for each meal? Which treats will you say yes & no to?
- Where will you meditate? What time? For how long? Using what method?
Don’t let these questions stress you out. I can help you sort through these with a simple brainstorm session. Instead, PLAN AHEAD using these questions as a guide to GET SPECIFIC with your routine so you’re ready when those curveballs are thrown your way (because they WILL be thrown your wat.)
3. YOU DON’T GET SUPPORT
If your spouse, bestie, roommate or mom isn’t on board with what you’re striving for, the health stress will be REAL. When will you make time for yourself? What if they eat differently than you? How about when they tempt you away from your goals? Without dedicated support, encouragement, motivation and accountability – whether from a friend or unbiased third party – you’re setting yourself up to fail.
Here’s what to do instead:
I don’t care whether it’s in person, over the phone, via text or a simple DM – you need to have the conversation.
- First, choose someone who will support you. Explain to them what you’re working on, why it’s important to you, and how they can proactively help.
- Next, choose someone who might derail you from your efforts. Explain to them that you still love them & want to hang out with them, but there might be activities you’ll be bowing out of.
- If you’re ready to rock your wellness with certified, positive, 1:1 support, learn how we can work together by setting up a free Wellness Breakthrough Session here.
WHAT’S YOUR FIRST STEP?
Now that you know the mistakes, which one clicks with you most? Does one make you a little more uncomfortable than another because it’s a mistake you know you’re actually making? THAT’S A GOOD THING! Get real with yourself and choose how you’ll start.
from health stress to wellness success
Join the 4-part wellness mindset series, From Health Stress to Wellness Success to learn the critical mindset shifts required across 4 areas to finally show up confidently & consistently for your Integrative Wellness Routine – without the guilt & stress.
Wanna binge on the blog?
Never miss a post by signing up for alerts here or simply hop on over to the blog here.