July 4 is comin’ in HOT! Follow these 3 steps to get back to your healthy yet balanced eating habits for the rest of the summer.
Last week, we dug into the 4 Top Tips to PREP for a Healthy-ish July 4. This week, we’re getting into how to reboot your eating habits AFTER all the fun is done.
Thinkin’ bout starting another “fat melting diet” after the July 4 fun? Read this first.
The key to cleaning up your food choices after a holiday is getting your MIND right first!
Otherwise, you either won’t stick to your new meal plan longer than 4 days, or you’ll fall right back to where you started after a few weeks – months if you’re lucky.
If you missed the article on Prepping for a Healthy-ish July 4th, tap here.
So before stepping one foot into your grocery store of choice for your healthiest post-holiday meal prep ever, follow this 3-Step Action Plan to Get Back on Track after July 4th:
As in evaluate or analyze… not the plural of… you know 😉
- Looking back over your holiday weekend (was it Wednesday through Sunday?) what hit you the hardest?
- Was it food? A certain type of food? Too much food?
- Was it the booze? A certain type of booze? Too much booze?
- Only you know which foods, drinks, and the quantity of both impact your body, mind and spirit the most. So it’s up to YOU do conduct the evaluation.
- Grab a notebook, journal, planner or your phone and list out (1) All the gunk you think made you feel the worst; and (2) exactly how they made you FEEL.
- That fourth Summer Shandy?
– What was your reaction? Was it an immediate reaction (red face) or delayed (indigestion, headache)?
– What version of yourself were you while drinking? How about the next day?
- That huge slice of the frosted cookie cake?
– How did you feel after? Was the portion too large? Would a smaller serving have done the trick?
- Eating burgers & hotdogs three days in a row?
– Feeling fatigued? To what extent?
– What fun activities did you pass on that night or the next day that you normally would have participated in?
- That fourth Summer Shandy?
You assessed what set you back, now choose your adjustment with personalized intention.
- It’s a fresh new week, and you’re totally in control. You’re always in the driver’s seat!
- Looking back on your assessment, keep that notebook handy and answer these questions:
- Which foods &/or drinks impacted you the most?
- What reaction were you most frustrated with – physical or mental?
- Stemming from the assessment: which foods and/or drinks do you want to cut back on or avoid completely? Why? For how long?
- Only you know what version of you is thriving as your most vibrant self.
- Reviewing your notes on how each food or drink impacted you, let’s say the booze had the worst affects.
- Perhaps you felt most heat from all the alcohol you had – both physically (bloated, indigestion) and mentally (tired, brain fog, depressed).
- It’s now up to YOU to play with your adjustments. Maybe 5 days off booze does it for you, or maybe you need two weeks to feel like YOU again.
- Grab that notebook again and write down your adjustment plan:
- List the foods &/or drinks you’ll cut down on or avoid
- Determine how long you’ll be cutting down on these items
- Jot down any challenges to this “timeout” and how you’ll overcome them
- Confirm how you’ll track your omitting of these foods/drinks PLUS how you’ll hold yourself accountable
What if you have trouble following your plan on your own?
- Need a little extra expert help, support and accountability? You got it!
- Sign up for the FREE 5-Day Summer Snack Survivor Challenge!
- Identify & uncover the snacking habits sabotaging your slim down efforts.
- 5 days of live workshops. A lifetime of transformed eating habits.
- Get the details & sign up for free HERE!
- Live workshops will be hosted in the free HAPPIFY Your Health Tribe
PS: Wanna get the goods via Facebook instead of emails? I get it!
Join the free HAPPIFY Your Health Facebook tribe where all of the live trainings will be hosted! Tap here to get in!