Ya’ll. I’m about to rock your skillet cookin’ world.
In a previous post, I got into why stir fry is one of the easiest, healthiest and yummiest choices for your #mealprep – no matter the day of the week. Be it a full-on #mealprepsunday or quickie family Wednesday night sauté, stir fry covers all the bases of balanced nutrition – healthy fat, lean organic protein, and lots of frickin’ veggies. But often times, we need to get creative in kickin’ up the flavor of this dish without kickin’ up the sugar content. And guess what … I’ve found the solution!!
The below recipe is similar to the foundation of my simple stir fry, but packs a punch with a handful of new ingredients … including two super flavorful, super healthy, and super easy-to-find gems. Introducing Veracha by True Made Foods, and the ancient seed butter Tahini! I’ve found that these two flavors TOTALLY complement each other. Lemme git into both:
Veracha is a creation by natural food brand True Made Foods. It’s essentially hot sauce (or sriracha) with added veggies and no added sugar. Win-win right there! What’s more? TMF’s Veracha is a gluten free, non-GMO, certified Paleo product. It’s ingredients: tomato paste, jalapeño puree, butternut squash, carrots, garlic powder, distilled vinegar, spinach, onion powder, salt, cayenne pepper. That’s it! No dextrose. No xanthan gum. Just veggies & seasoning.
The fact that True Made Foods adds EXTRA veggies is game changing. When my boys were infants, I would puree veggies & fruits for their first foods. As they got older, I’d still puree veggies like squash, green beans and cauliflower to keep on hand to secretly add to all sorts of their meals – like meatballs, pasta sauce, soups, even pancakes! I LOVE how True Made Foods is adding secret veggies in their sauces and doing the work for us!!
Tahini is basically a nut butter made only of ground sesame seeds. So let’s call it a seed butter. Only ingredient: organic ground hulled sesame seeds. Now, if you’ve had sesame seed oil before, you know that for a teeny seed, these puppies REALLY pack in the flavor. That’s why I LOVE the combination of a sharp Veracha with a creamy tahini in a crunchy, healthy stir fry. Ya feelin’ me??
So let’s get to it. We’re gonna call this secret mix the WholeHardy Creamy Spicy Sauce – #WholeHardyCSS. Creative, right?? And now … it’s no longer a secret!
- 2 Tablespoons coconut aminos (Sub for soy sauce! I use these from Trader Joe’s.)
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup True Made Foods Veracha sauce (sold at Jewel, health stores, Amazon, etc)
- 1/4 cup Tahini (once again, Trader Joe’s)
- 2 teaspoons powdered ginger (or fresh if you have it!)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil or ghee (clarified/Whole30 approved butter)
- 1 package organic, pasture-raised, grass-fed ground turkey
- 2 bags frozen or fresh stir fry vegetables (your choice!)
- In a bowl: Make the WholeHardy Creamy Spicy Sauce by mixing together the coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, garlic, Veracha, tahini, ginger, turmeric, pepper flakes, and sesame oil. Don’t add the coconut oil or ghee to this mix, that’s for the sauté. Let the Secret Sauce sit.
- Cook the meat first: Use 1 Tablespoon of the coconut oil/ghee, heat in skillet, add the ground turkey, cook about 4 mins til no longer pink, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Remove the meat and put on a plate, in a bowl, whatevs.
- Now cook the veggies: Add your other 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil or ghee to the skillet. Dump in so many fresh or frozen veggies that they hardly fit inside the skillet. Like, overflowing. Cook until no longer frozen (5 mins maybe).
- Now blend: Add the Creamy Spicy Sauce to the veggies, cook for another minute or two so the vegetables to soak it all up (they’re thanking you!). Then, add the cooked ground turkey back in & blend it all together for a minute or so. Done!
And there you have it! This Creamy Veracha Sauce can be used in soooo many different ways! I’m going to use it as a chicken or pork marinade next, and it would also serve as a PERFECT pick-me-up for roasted vegetables or drizzled over sushi!
I really hope you enjoy it! Try it out and either comment below, tag me on Insta, or hashtag #WholeHardyCSS or #WholeHardySecretSauce. You can tag @truemadefoods too if you use their Veracha! Feel free to create your own renditions and share. Can’t wait to see how you’ve used the sauce, and I’ll share your pics in my Insta stories!
Spice it up,
4 thoughts on “Kick it Up a Notch with this Creamy Spicy Healthy Stir Fry”
Boom chacaLacka! Can’t wait for my Brucie Baby to cook this up!!